Wednesday, April 27, 2011

TheAdsOnUs fighting for a cure to save lives and breasts

So you already know that I love causes and have named myself the Volunteer Magnet. It is what it is. Giving back and supporting causes are so much of who I am that this year when Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure (NJ) asked me and my organization, MI to staff their ShopRite Tent for the fourth year in a row I could not say NO! Well I could have but why would I? I am still on this earth and I have both of my breasts. I am fortunate and blessed that breast cancer has not been a part of my immediate family and I thank God for it.  I want to celebrate the survivors and remember the people that had not won their battle.

Normally, I rally up the organization and pull in my friends to help prep and replenish the food table so that when the racers, walkers, workers and spectators need to re energize the food is readily available. Like I said, they called us back. I have a great team. YAY!


Photo from Oriental Trading website
  
This year on May 15 TheAdsOnUs is going PINK and I will wear 2 hats. I'm going to the event early to prep and organize the food and volunteers then I will put on the new PINK TheAdsOnUs T-Shirt and walk for a cure. I'm so excited because I am doing MORE. I am raising money. I don't know why I hadn't done it in the past? I guess it just never came to me. To help raise funds I am selling ad space on the back of the T-Shirt. Wouldn't it be great to have YOUR logo the new Pink TheAdsOnUs T-shirt? Yup, it would. I will post pictures when I cross the finishline!

Here are 4 Breast Self-Awareness items you should know. (info taken from Komen site)
1) Know your risk
2) Get screened
3) Know whats normal for you
4) Make healthy lifestyle choices

For more information about the race click here or to learn about breast cancer click here.

TAOU for now,
Renee

3 comments:

  1. Following you via networkedblogs.
    My mother is a two time breast cancer survivor.
    Si its a cause very close to my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, mu blog: www.mondoblog.se/anna
    The latest post are i Swedish, but mostly blogs in english

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anna -
    How awesome that your mother is a survivor!
    Thanks for sharing!
    All the best,
    Renee

    ReplyDelete