Thursday, June 23, 2011

A package for Jocelyn from TheAdsOnUs? no from Mom

My daughter is in her third year of college in Maryland. She has been away from home for such a long time.
She attended a boarding high school in Virgina and I would visit her very, very often all four years. Most visits were at her request, others were just random to make her smile and to ease my mind. OK they were really for ME.

I would often send her cards, notes or packages of things to make her LESS homesick.

Once she entered college, she didn't seem to need the same level of attention because she hit the campus running. Joining several activities on campus. We still managed to call every Sunday to 'check in' or if something important came up we would call. There was always a quick email or text message with an ending that said I love you and she would say I love you more. There I go smiling again :)

One day near the end of her junior year out of the blue... she said mom I need a package! I was totally surprised. I said You DO? Yes, she said. OK I said... again I smiled. So what's a mom to do?
Send a package!

Treats from home for Jocelyn
She called to say: I GOT A PACKAGE! We both smiled. I said I Love You and she said I Love You More.

5 comments:

  1. Aww! Wow she is going to be a strong independent woman, who know what she wants out of life, as she has practiced "being on her own" since HS!

    And girl yes those college care packages were the best in college.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww from me too! My son is 8 and going to over-night cub scout camp this year. I have to send him a care package the day before he leaves so he will get it in time to enjoy it!
    We do care packages for all the college kids in our church, they love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet! My mom sent my sister way more packages than she sent me and I was always envious :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How Sweet. I've got a few years before I have to worry abotu this, but I know it's coming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ty, Sheryl and Bill
    It's the little moments like this that keeps me smiling.

    Thanks for posting a comment and have an awesome day!
    Renee

    ReplyDelete