Thursday, June 2, 2011

These Feet Were Made For Walking

Rain or shine people came out to participate in the 4th Annual Race for the Cure event held at the County South Mountain Recreation Complex on Sunday, May 15th to find a cure for breast cancer. I had a few responsibilities to perform this year. I was volunteering to stock the ShopRite food tent with volunteers from Minority Interchange, Inc., Trendsetters and of course TheAdsOnUs AND I was also going to walk the 5k with my team. Walking in the event is a first for me!

We were whistling while we worked to keep up with the pace of the hungry runners, walkers, volunteers, spectators, performers and the event staff. I'm not sure how many fresh muffins, juicy oranges and ripe yellow bananas we replenished but we never ran out! Any food that was left would be donated to a local food shelter.

Indy, Renee, Jamaal= Team TheAdsOnUs

It was time for team TheAdsOnUs.com (Jamaal, Indy and me) to line up at the starting line. I quickly changed into the new PINK TAOU tee and sported the logos of MFKB, Cee&Learn, Jays Cake Creations, Raymond Spencer and Promograf X (creator of the PINK tee).


As we crossed the finish line I was very happy to hear the announcer say congratulations to TheAdsOnUs. YAY team - these feet were made for walking, we DID IT! Thanks everyone for all your support.


Catch you next year!
Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment