Wednesday, May 11, 2011

My Uber Mom's Day Weekend



A few weeks ago my daughter-in-law, Nandi called to say she was coming home on Mother's Day weekend for a wedding and asked if I would pick her and her mom up from the airport, but she was not bringing my grandson. I  felt sad but of course I said yes. I asked her why the baby was not coming and she replied her husband, my son Randall took off work and wanted to spend quality time with Nasir. I said to myself WTH??? Yes, I called him right after I spoke with her, he was at work.... He gave me the same lame story.. I was feeling some kind of way and said you and your baby stay HOME. I said I love you and we hung up. I was not happy at all. Not One Bit!

Its Friday and time for me to make my pick up from the airport. I had a feeling deep in my heart that my son was trying to surprise me but I didn't get too excited just in case he did not come. Nandi text me to say they landed and she and her mom would be waiting for me. As I pulled up to where they were my heart sank because my son was not there... Oh well, I put on a happy face and greeted them both with hugs and kisses. I was trying to stuff the car with luggage when Nandi stated she left one of her bags inside. I didn't think twice about it and said hurry before it goes missing. She came back to the car, I asked if she got it she said yes. I never even looked up. A few minutes had passed and my eyes spotted MY SON. I jumped out of the car screaming with excitement. They were here Randall and Nasir. I planted hugs and kisses on both of them. Should have caught that on video - LOL
Nasir - The missing luggage

Of course the joke was on ME. I didn't care at all. I asked if there really was a wedding? It was so they didn't  totally lie. (smile). While driving home with TheAdsOnUs.com logo on the car door, my daughter Jocelyn who is away at college decided to give me a call. She was not part of that surprise but her timing could not have been better. I had both of my babies at the same time again for Mother's Day. I just love them ALL.

Me and Randall on Mother's Day
I had such a blast this weekend. I attended a hat & fashion show hosted by Greater Friendship Women's, ministry Friday night, had lunch with my dad and step mom on Saturday, enjoyed a wonderful brunch with Nandi, Randall and Nasir, wished my mom and mother-in-law a happy mom's day and closed out my Uber Mother's Day weekend with a Mint Condition concert with a few of my mom girlfriends! I am truly blessed and loved.

2 comments:

  1. I did not know that Nasir came up as well! That was so awesome!!!!!

    ReplyDelete